Thursday, March 26, 2009

Last Post Before Guatemala

I have pictures still to post from a playdate with Savannah and her mommy and daddy outlet shopping and then at Sea World with them plus Breahana, Cooper and their mommy from last week. But, I'm tired and so the pics will have to wait.

I did want to post before I leave for Guatemala to thank everyone that donated for supplies. I was able to buy a ton of children's tylenol/ibuprofen, antibiotic ointments, bandaids, larger sleep diapers(these are expensive in Guatemala) and some other misc. supplies. I was also shipped a large box with more meds and vitamins and another with shoes that were collected by someone else. AWESOME!! I have my two-bag allotment filled with supplies (my stuff is packed in my carry-on).

So, again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK you!!!!

I fly to Atlanta tomorrow evening and then we all leave for Guatemala Saturday morning. We return the following Saturday and I will fly home Sunday morning. 9 nights away - yikes!!!! I put Gabriella to bed tonight and as I was leaving her room she said to me "Mommy, don't get on the plane". Gulp. This is going to be hard. It's so hard to know how much they really understand at this age. I just hope she does understand all the times I've told her I will come back and see her soon. I will miss her and Ferdy like crazy.

I will likely not be posting from Guatemala, so stay tuned for a trip report and hopefully lots of pictures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alleen: Wishing you a wonderful trip as you follow your heart to the people of Guatemala. I felt the gulp too at sweet Gabriella's words. That is wonderful that you were able to do so much with the donations. Can't wait to hear about your travels and hope to see you soon! All the best.
Ali (Ty and Mia's Mommy)

Tricia said...

Girl, I'm so excited for you, and proud of you, and I know the trip will be incredibly amazing.

Ferdy & Miss G will do great! And they will be in my thoughts & prayers (along with you!) each day.

Savor every second, Alleen. I promise you it goes by so quickly.

Be safe & have fun!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Michelle Smiles said...

Safe travels! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

nikki said...

Alleen,
I am so excited for you. This will be such a life changing trip for you.Take tons of pictures for those of us praying for you at home.
Gabriella will one day be so proud of you that you did this for the children of Guatemala!!
Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Sarah said...

Have a wonderful trip, Alleen! I can't imagine that it will be anything but fabulous and life altering!

I know what it is like to leave our babies... so difficult. But once you are in Guat and making a difference, it just seems so right. I bet she will have a ball with her daddy!!

Can't wait to see pics and hear all about your trip! You will be in my prayers~!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWW she is tooo sweet!!!

YOu will be missed by all but go and help those sweet babies in guatemala!

hugs,leslie

Amy S. said...

Alleen,

I will be thinking and praying for you every minute while you are away. You are truly doing Gods work..I know you will feel like a different person when you come back. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Love and Hugs...

The Cook said...

OMG, I totally forgot to paypal you some cash. geesh i am so sorry. What an air head. I will make a donation when you get back and tell me the needs. So soorry. Just want you to know I totally am proud of you.

Hannah said...

I am so excited for you!! Have a wonderful, safe and blessed trip!