Monday, July 24, 2006

It's the Rainy Season

Shower? No, that was a monsoon!!!! Such generosity.

Saturday was my baby shower. All I can say is wow..... We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. 26 of the greatest people came to give their good wishes and blessings to Gabriella, Ferdy and I. The day was just marvelous!!!

Look closely at the "flower" arrangment to the right(click to enlarge).... The "vase" is made of bottles and the "roses" are little socks! How cute is that????

I would like to personally thank my friends who helped put together the shower: Beth, Jeri, Kim, Sarah and Vickie. You guys are the greatest!!!! My best bud in the world, Sarah came down from Nashville for my special weekend. She tells me she's been dreaming of this day for a long time. I have too and it was perfect!!

I would also like to give a special shout out to my friend Laurel who drove down from North Carolina to be here. She had just returned from driving from Canada to NC the day before and then got back in the car and came all the way here. Thanks!!

My mom also deserves special thanks. As if she hasn't already done enough before now..... Not a dry eye in the house after I opened one of the gifts to find two blankets that looked oddly familiar, but I wasn't sure why.... The enclosed card read:

"My Dear Daughter,

These two blankets were given to you from my mom when you were born in 1966. I am so proud to give them to you for your daughter, Gabriella.

With much love, Mom"

Gulp. I couldn't read the card out loud and had to have someone else read it.

And she made the beautiful photo album you see here.




Each person wrote a message that will become part of a scrapbook that my friend Vickie started and will help me put together with pictures of the day.


The cake was so adorable as you can see.
I also present you with Gabriella's room now. Oh boy, do I have some organizing ahead of me now. The crib, by the way, is FULL of gifts.


Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who came and made it a spectacular day.

Filled with happiness and love indeed.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn...you got me again! I shouldn't have read the whole thing...crying again....but boy, wasn't it a wonderful celebration in honor of a truly special event!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Al and Ferdy,

Can't think of any where else I'd rather been last weekend then in O'Towing giving my best bud in the whole wide world and her hubby a baby shower.

Love ya,
Aunt Sares

Kim said...

I got goose bumps while reading this post! Gabriella (and Mom and Dad!) are so blessed to have such wonderful people in her life! I am glad you had such a fantastic day--it was LONG awaited and SO deserved.

Tricia said...

AAAWWWWW, Alleen, what a special shower! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time! HOW SPECIAL! And exciting new loot, too! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shower! Gabriella will be surrounded with love when she arrives home.
Cathy (FTC)

Samantha said...

Hi Alleen,

I totally misted up when I read that card from your mother. I, too, was born in 1966, and for some reason that made it hit harder. ;)

I can't believe how adorable your shower was--the cake and that sock arrangement, oh my!! I am so happy to hear about how much love was poured over you and your sweet girl.

And I love the t-shirt. :)

Sam