Tuesday, August 05, 2008

BFFs

I haven't posted for a while because Sarah was in town from Thursday until last night. We had the BEST time. We took zero pictures. How bad is that???? Sarah emailed this to me this morning and asked me to post a cute pic of Miss G along with this message.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


True friendship can endure even long distances if the bond between two friends is strong. It has, and it will for Al and me!

I can’t believe we didn’t take any pics for Miss G’s blog while I was w/ Al and family. Oh well, we were tooo busy laughing, talking, eating, drinking and yes, SHOPPING! Did I mention shopping?

I celebrated my 29th (for the 19th time) Birthday while w/ Al, Ferdy and Gabriella, and we had a wonderful day! Al invited some of our girlfriends over for lunch and some pool time. That evening Al, Ferdy and Miss G sang Happy Birthday to me. There’s nothing quite like sharing your Birthday candles w/ a little one. My nieces are now 16 and 13 so it’s been a while.

Al and I have known each other since May 2001, which was our first day at a new job. I was running late because I was stopped for passing on a solid yellow line. Hello! I am late for an new job, Officer!!!! When I got to orientation the only seat left was next to Al. For the life of me I couldn’t remember her name. So after asking her multiple times, “What’s your name again?”, I gave up and told her I’d call her Al. She’s been Al ever since! We’ve been through a lot together – bird sitting for her and Ferdy for a bird that hated me. Hmmm, wonder if that had anything to do w/ the fact that I would play Inxs (and she hated it) when I would go over?!! We’ve shared the ups and downs of family, pets, friendships and life in general, and we are as thick as friends could be.

Thanks for a wonderful five days, Al, Ferdy and Gabriella!

XXX,
Auntie S

7 comments:

Gail said...

Adorable!!
Gail

Farrah said...

BFF's are the best aren't they!

G is cute as ever though!!! Bing too

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Glad you had a good time and that is the sweetest e-mail. That is how true friendship is. you can always pick up from where you left off and no matter what that person will be there for you forever.

Can never get enough of Gabriella loving on Bing and Bing tolerating it.

nikki said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!!
You are forgiven for not taking any pictures :)

Tracey said...

Awwww! Love it!

Anonymous said...

It is so true, the comment that Carrie posted: "you can always pick up from where you left off and no matter what that person will be there for you forever". My friend Kathy (Piero's godmother-you guys met her in December) and I have been friends for 11 years now and there is nothing that can come between us. I love her to pieces. We have gone from roommates to living thousands of miles away from eachother and still, thick as glue! (One more reason for wanting to go back to the States, (preferably to Florida) SOON!!!!!! I miss her like crazy!!!

I'm glad for all the fun you had together!

Hugs for all!!!! Love, Ady

Well-heeled mom said...

How nice!